Here’s what the Republican Party
is NOT TELLING YOU ABOUT TRICKY RICK:
1) Tricky Rick’s all about “big government” –a career politician.
2) Total Government spending in Texas has doubled since TRICKY RICK took office in 2000.
2) TEXAS DEBT IS OUT-OF-CONTROL! http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-texas-debt-clock.html
3) TRICKY RICK wanted to lease Texas roadways (that were already free to drive on) and turn them into toll roads by developing the Trans-Texas Corridor (part of the planned NAFTA superhighway system).
4) TRICKY RICK HAS REPEATEDLY RAISED TAXES AS GOVERNOR!
7) TRICKY RICK HAS DEMOLISHED OUR public education system:
36th in the nation in high school graduation rates;
An estimated 3.8 million Texans do not have a high school diploma;
49th in verbal SAT scores,
47th in literacy;
46th in average math SAT scores; and
33rd in the nation on teacher salaries.
8. Texas has the highest percentage of workers making minimum wage out of all 50 states.
In 2007, 221,000 residents of Texas were making minimum wage or less. By 2010, that number had risen to 550,000.
9) TRICKY RICK PRAISES HIS efforts to fight ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT… BUT TAKES 125 MILLION ANNUALLY IN FEDERAL (DHS) FUNDS to “help out.”
10) TRICKY RICK SIGNED EXECUTIVE ORDER (2007) TO FORCE EVERY SINGLE GIRL IN TEXAS TO TAKE THE GARDASIL VACCINE BEFORE THE 6TH GRADE. Since then, very serious safety issues regarding this vaccine have come to light. THANKFULLY, lawmakers in Texas blocked TRICKY RICK. Sources cite issues with “apparent financial connections between Merck and Perry to news outlets, such as a $ 6,000 campaign contribution and Merck’s hiring of former Perry Chief of Staff Mike Toomey to handle its Texas lobbying work.”